CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Private Roster Mentor Program
Since 1996 I've been offering high-powered mentoring help on a global basis. Several years ago a team of participants estimated the overall net improvement of revenues of all registrants on an annualized basis, and then cut that number in half.
The resultant amount was $660 million. Another estimate concluded that those participants had helped their own corporate and individual clients to improve by over ten billion dollars.
The mentor program is conducted with Master Mentors, each personally trained by Alan Weiss.
1. Private Roster
The private roster mentor program is six months of unlimited access to your mentor by e-mail, phone, fax, regular mail, etc. We help people strategically (how to set fees, how to gain visibility, how to position, etc.), and tactically (what to say at the meeting tomorrow, critiquing proposals, overcoming objections, etc.). The fee is $3,500,* which distinguishes those who are serious about their business, and is easily recouped through increased business and/or higher fees. The basic fee has not changed since the program's inception 25 years ago. There are over 2,000 "graduates," and hundreds of "post-graduates" (those who signed up for an additional term). Admission is limited per Master Mentor. If there are no openings there is a "first come, first served" waiting list.
You and your mentor reach a mutual decision as to whether the program is right for you. If it is, you begin with studying your current situation, expectations, and fundamental value propositions. You then establish mentoring goals. Some people call daily, some weekly, some monthly. The frequency and style are up to you. We return all phone calls and email within agreed-upon times.
The fee is required to begin the process or to claim a place on the waiting list. The fee is non-refundable, no exceptions.
* Note that fees may vary slightly by Master Mentor and/or country.
2. Guided Mentoring Option
Some individuals who require a highly structured relationship with additional accountability for meeting their goals may qualify for Guided Mentoring. In this version of the program we choose those areas which are of highest priority and create:
A detailed game plan with specific completion dates, and
A formal schedule of contact times to discuss accomplishments and any obstacles preventing short-term tasks from being completed. We will enforce completion dates and task accomplishment.
The areas we may deal with include contacting prospects, creating publicity materials, creating a book proposal, writing articles, writing a book, contacting speakers bureaus, creating a web site, following-up on leads, establishing networking events, creating a brand, creating products, etc. We generally choose three or four, we provide a template with specific tasks and completion dates, and we establish formal schedules for those completion dates. The Guided Program provides for externally-enforced discipline, in that you are accountable for specific completion activities on certain dates on which we follow-up with you.
The Guided Program is recommended for those at any level of their career who feel the need for increased structure, whose intellectual curiosity and talent cause them to wander from task to task prior to completion, and who require more urgency in creating results. This version of the Mentor Program is available for $6,500.
"Alan helped me to shift my perception of the value I provide to clients and change my business model to boost my firm's profitability. He's very smart and quick, with a well-developed flair for marketing and promotion. He's been an enormous resource, and the value created far exceeds the fees paid and time invested. I've re-enrolled in the program."
Clarity Advantage Corp.
3. Total Immersion Program
For people who want to "jump start" the process, we offer "total immersion." This consists of one with your mentor on two separate occasions, at his or her home or office, to learn how to handle clients, prospects, office management, invoicing, interruptions, writing, etc. We also spend considerable time on your strategy and goals, and create plans to move forward. We recommend where possible that the days be split, with one about 90 days after the other.
Spouses and significant others are welcome to attend as much of the discussions as they like. You'll dine together and also have some conversation and "down time."
You also enter the regular Mentor Program for six months. The fee for total immersion, including the six-month Mentor Program, is $9,500. (All meals are included while you are with your mentor.)
"After generating more than $60,000 alone on Alan's ideas, returning for another six months was an easy decision. And I'll be back for a third time, soon!"
President, Sullivan Speaker Services
There is a free Mentor Meeting approximately every 9 months which draws between 70 and 100 participants, and a free monthly newsletter which contains the best of Alan Weiss's thinking on personal and business growth which is sent continually to participants and graduates. You also become a member of Alansforums.com, an international destination for professionals and entrepreneurs discussing everything from marketing to politics, and fees to life balance. This is a lifetime membership. You will receive a variety of discounts to learning experiences, be able to form mastermind groups, network, participate in teleconferences, and so forth, without time limits.Mentor Summit at The Inn at Rancho Santa Fe outside of San Diego (February 2006)
Seventh Mentor Summit, Paradise Island, Nassau, The Bahamas: Atlantis Resort (May 2005)
Click pictures for larger versions
Thank you for the help you have given me through your Mentor Program, and the Consulting College. As a result of the skills I have learned from working with you and attending your programs I have gone from being a trainer to becoming a successful consultant. This has enabled me to expand my business, and work with senior leaders who want to create change throughout their organizations. I used to dread writing articles, and proposals. I can write articles in less than two hours and get them featured in publications throughout the world. It takes me half as much time to write proposals and my success rate has at least doubled. I would also say that attending your mentor summits and participating in your on-line forum has put me in contact with other consultants across the world who are successful in a myriad of areas. We are able to share knowledge, best practices, and give each other concrete advice and support with our businesses that would be impossible to get anywhere else in one place.
The mentor program has helped me stay focussed and move into new areas of business, and the consulting college has helped me take my business to a much higher level than I had ever envisioned before.
Once again, thank you and I look forward to continuing our work together.
"The Cross-cultural Conversationalist"
Simma Lieberman Associates
Summit Consulting Group
85 Las Brisas Circle
East Greenwich, Rhode Island 02818
I'm writing to let you know how much I learned from being part of your mentor program for the past six months and how much I appreciate your allowing me to be a part of it.
What I Learned
- I learned to understand the value of the work I do for my clients and how to articulate it. This has helped me win more business as well as identify those clients with whom I don't want to work.
- I learned to understand what clients were really objecting to when they said "you're so expensive!" and how to address those objections.
- Being relatively new to consulting has some tremendous advantages. I talked to several consultants at the mentor meeting who were so stuck on doing things the way they'd always done them that they couldn't hear what you or anyone else at the meeting had to say. Because I'm so new to all this, I'm well aware of how much I don't know plus it costs me very little try a new approach when the current one isn't working.
- Clients always have money for the right person and the right project. I spent 20 minutes (two phone calls) advising the executive director of a small nonprofit on how to avoid a hostile takeover by her board president. Three weeks later, she hired me for two board trainings and insisted that I charge her full fee (this despite the fact that the executive director is a volunteer and the nonprofit has less than $100,000 in its bank account).
- Value-based pricing and working toward client objectives isn't just a way to make more money, it's also the best way to protect your reputation and your integrity. Despite the efforts of a disgruntled client who attempted to slander my reputation and prevent three clients from hiring me, all three clients hired me anyway. It's easy to criticize how someone facilitates a meeting; it's much harder to make the criticism stick when the client's goals are consistently being met.
What I Achieved
- I created all new marketing materials with a professional consulting firm look.
- I re-wrote my marketing pieces to emphasize what I achieve for clients rather than the tasks I perform.
- In July, I booked $50,000 in consulting and training fees, roughly 2/3rds of what I made in total in 2000.
- With your help, I won my first contract with a Fortune 500 company (NEC Electronics) which would have led to further contracts had the company not fallen on tough times because of the economic downturn.
- I won a very large (for me) strategic planning contract with a $55 million nonprofit despite the fact that I had never done work for a nonprofit with a budget larger than $16 million.
- I gave a presentation on what I had learned from the mentor program at the meeting in Las Vegas and realized that I had learned and achieved something that others could benefit from.
What I Appreciated
- Your willingness to share your mistakes because you never learn as much from someone who is "perfect"
- Your sense of humor
- Your directness (even when it hurt)
- Your praise (because when you gave it, I knew I had earned it)
- Your ability to embrace life fully and to avoid dwelling on what didn't work (it reminds me of one of my parent's favorite expressions - "living well is the best revenge")
It has been both an honor and a privilege to be a part of the mentor program for these past six months. I look forward to doing a second term in the near future and to attending the next mentor summit meeting.
All the best,
OnTarget Consulting, Inc.
See photos and comments from previous Consulting Colleges
See a partial list of books published by past and present members of Alan Weiss's Private Roster Mentor Program
Private Roster Mentor Program
Trusted Advisor Level
You will be able to select one of the Master Mentors
(see the list here), or have one chosen for you